The Center for Community Futures is pleased to announce the availability of Review Ready! 2016 for use by your local Head Start program to help get ready for the next Federal review. We offer you four versions:
- The Review Ready! 2016 Workbook for HSKI-Compliant Monitoring Review (hardcopy, $95)
- The Review Ready! 2016 Electronic File for HSKI-Compliant Monitoring Review (E-file, $74)
- The Review Ready! 2016 Workbook for Differential Monitoring Review (hardcopy, $295)
- The Review Ready! 2016 Electronic File for Differential Monitoring Review (E-file, $245)
Each of these is a unique tool designed to help your Head Start program:
- Get ready for Federal review;
- See how the FY 2016 Monitoring Protocol Key Performance Areas (KPAs) and Compliance Measures (CMs) relate to the applicable Performance Standards, Head Start Act, and Federal Regulations (with the regulatory text spelled out next to each review item);
- Use the spaces to indicate your program’s readiness with each KPA, CM, Targeted Question, Assessment Criteria, and Quality Measure;
- Assess your status and track progress on meeting each requirement;
- Note who is responsible for what by when;
- Keep track of corrective actions needed or taken;
- Manage the updating process;
- Collect and share program information and progress;
- Show the Reviewers how well your program is doing.
Sample from the HSKI-Compliant Review Ready! 2016 document:
Review Ready! 2016 for Differential Monitoring is similar but includes the content from the Differential Monitoring tool.
The Review Ready! 2016 Electronic File
Review Ready! 2016 Electronic File: Compliant or Differential Review versions
The electronic file is an Excel spreadsheet available through Google Docs that has the same information as the printed workbook:
- The complete text of the Monitoring Protocol review questions, including key performance areas, compliance measures, targeted questions, assessment critieria, quality measures, and more
- The corresponding Performance Standards, Federal regulations, and Head Start Act requirements spelled out next to their applicable review items
- Space for writing notes regarding:
- Policy – reference your program’s policies and procedures that meet/exceed the regulation, or note if a policy needs to be modified, approved, or drafted;
- Governing Body – note actions pending or taken by the Governing Body;
- PC – list the action/s required or taken by Policy Council or Policy Committee;
- Corrective Action – note corrective action/s needed or taken;
- Responsible – indicate who is responsible for the item/corrective action; and
- Target Date – list the date by which the corrective action is to be completed.
Use the Review Ready! 2016 E-File to:
- Write notes on what you need to do—and what you have done—to get ready for review on each item;
- Indicate whether or not you have policies in place;
- List corrective actions needed or taken;
- Identify persons responsible for getting your program into compliance;
- Keep track of what the Governing Body and Policy Council have done or need to do;
- Specify target dates for completion; and
- Make sure that every Performance Standard and Federal regulation relating to the Monitoring Protocol is addressed in preparation for your review.
The Review Ready! 2016 Electronic file also gives you:
- The ability to share the file with program staff and others involved in the on‐site review, working on the same master spreadsheet;
- A carefully formatted file for easier, smarter management of reviewable requirements.
Sample spreadsheet from the Review Ready! 2016 E-file for Differential Monitoring:
There are 61 spreadsheets like this in Review Ready! 2016 E-File for Differential Monitoring!
Click here to Order any version of Review Ready! 2016