|Search this site:
Head Start Experience:
6/17/91 - 9/13/91: Bilingual Program Administrative Assistant, Head Start, Community Action Commission of Santa Barbara County. Enrolled families in Head Start, prepared reports, responded to client needs, answered telephone, assisted families and children, supported staff, office tasks.
10/1/91 - 4/1/92: Policies and Procedures Consultant, Contra Costa County Head Start. Assisted Lead Consultant in arrangement, compilation, drafting, and approval of policies and procedures to develop Contra Costa County Head Start Policies and Procedures Manual. Included devising Policy Council internal operational procedures. Coordinated with diverse staff, Parent Policy Council, County personnel.
4/1/92 - Current: Senior Associate; Webmaster, Head Start Consultant for Center for Community Futures,
Berkeley, CA. Assist Lead Consultant with the development and implementation of
project workplans for non-profit organizations. Projects include:
* Requirements Review System. Developed cross-referenced listing of all regulations for the Head Start program in one handy check-off workbook. Revised in 1997 as the Reg-Check Workbook for new Performance Standards, with references to the status of former standards.
* Review READY!. Co-developed workbook that relates the Federal regulations with the core questions from the Federal review instrument. Updated as regulations change.
* Co-developed the Policy Manager Software for
Head Start programs.
* Oakland Head Start. Reorganization, redevelopment, compilation, and redrafting of forms and the paperwork process. Helped develop case management principles for use in social services component.
* Citizens Ambassador Program/People to People International/National Head
Start Association Delegate to South Africa and Zimbabwe. Participated in the
cultural exchange program along with 20 delegates to observe child care
conditions in South Africa and to share information about the Head Start
program, October 1995.
Community Action Experience:
* Community Action Disaster Relief Efforts Summary (CADRES) - Interviewed over 100 Community Action Agencies for case studies of experiences with disaster planning and relief efforts. Wrote report of findings, narrative handbook.
* Community Action Agency Salary Survey, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2008, 2011. Solicited and verified hundreds of CAA salary surveys from across the nation. Prepared statistical narrative summary, prepared readable charts and graphs, compiled the data and wrote the 1993 and 1996 and 1999 and 2008 and 2011 CAA Salary Survey Reports.
* Community Action Agency Salary Survey Individualized Comparison Reports. Developed custom reports comparing peer agencies with the national totals, reports sold individually.
* Housing California Conference. (1993, 1994) Assisted Lead Consultant in all aspects of planning, management, and coordination of conference with over 1,000 participants. Included planning for over 80 workshops, registration process, working closely with organizing groups, scholarship process, and responding to the needs of a diverse group of people.
* California Community Economic Development Association (CCEDA) Annual Conferences, 1996-2006.
* Co-developed CAPERS
software, the complete Conference Planning and Registration System.
Web Site Development:
* Webmaster, www.cencomfut.com (Center for Community Futures; since 1998)
* Webmaster, www.cceda.com (California Community Economic Development Association; 2000-2009)
* Webmaster, www.caasm.org (Community Action Agency of San Mateo; 2006-2010)
* Webmaster, www.eocsf.org (Economic Opportunity Council of San Francisco; since 2007)
* Webmaster, www.rucd.org (Rural Utah Child Development; since 2010-2012)
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology; University of California, Santa
Barbara, June 16, 1991.
These are a Few of My Favorite Things:
Teresa K. Wickstrom
Center for Community Futures. www.cencomfut.com
This page was last modified November 13, 2017 7:09 AM Pacific Time.
For questions about this website please contact our Webmaster.